In this section you can find a list of academic and industry publications on the project, as well as related contributions. Do not hesitate to contact us should you need any additional information.
BRANDSUS Project results
A. Phase 1: quantitative survey stakeholder participation and support for the region brand 2 x Dutch regions.
B. Phase 1: quantitative survey citizen participation and support for the region brand Spain/Australia.
BRANDSUS team selected publications
- Braun, E., Eshuis, J., Klijn, E.H. & Zenker, S. (2018). Improving place reputation: Do an open place brand process and an identity-image match pay off? Cities, 80, 22-28.
- Braun, E., Eshuis, J. & Klijn, E.H. (2014). The effectiveness of place brand communication. Cities, 41, 64-70.
- Eshuis, J., Klijn, E.H., & Braun, E. (2014). Place marketing and citizen participation: branding as strategy to address the emotional dimension of policy making? International Review of Administrative Sciences, 80(1), 151-171.
- Eshuis, J., Braun, E., & Klijn E.H. (2013). Place Marketing as Governance Strategy: An Assessment of Obstacles in Place Marketing and Their Effects on Attracting Target Groups. Public Administration Review, 73 (3), 507-516.
- Eshuis J. & Klijn E.H. (2012). Branding in Governance and Public Management. Routledge Critical studies in public management, 8. London: Routledge.
- Eshuis, J., Braun, E., Klijn E.H., & Zenker, S. (2018). The differential effect of various stakeholder groups in place marketing. Environment and Planning C: Politics and Space, 36 (5), 916-936.
- Karens, R., Eshuis, J., Klijn E.H., & Voets J. (2016). The Impact of Public Branding: An Experimental Study on the Effects of Branding Policy on Citizen Trust. Public Administration Review, 76 (3), 486-494.
- Klijn, E.H., Eshuis, J., & Braun, E. (2012). The influence of stakeholder involvement on the effectiveness of place branding. Public Management Review, 14 (4), 499-519.
- Ripoll González, L., & Gale, F. (2020). Place Branding as Participatory Governance? An Interdisciplinary Case Study of Tasmania, Australia. SAGE Open. https://doi.org/10.1177/2158244020923368
- Ripoll González, L., & Gale, F. (2022).Theorizing ‘Value’ in Sustainable Urban Branding Strategies in Staci M. Zavattaro (Ed.), Public Branding and Marketing: A Global Viewpoint, Springer International.
- Ripoll González, L., & Gale, F. (2022). Sustainable City Branding Narratives: A Critical Appraisal of Processes and Outcomes, Journal of Place Management and Development (forthcoming).
- Ripoll Gonzalez, L., & Gale, F. (2020). Combining participatory action research with sociological intervention to investigate participatory place branding. Qualitative Market Research: an International Journal , 23(1), 199-216.
- Ripoll Gonzalez, L., & Lester, L. (2018). ‘All for One, One for All’: communicative processes of cocreation of place brands through inclusive and horizontal stakeholder collaborative networks, Communication & Society, 31(4), 59-78.
- Stevens,V,. Klijn, E.H., Warsen, R. (2021). Branding as public governance strategy: a q methodological analysis of how companies react to place branding strategies. Public Administration Review https://doi.org/10.1111/puar.13263 OPEN ACCESS