In this section you can find a list of academic and industry publications on the project, as well as related contributions. Do not hesitate to contact us should you need any additional information.
BRANDSUS team selected publications
- Braun, E., Eshuis, J., Klijn, E.H. & Zenker, S. (2018). Improving place reputation: Do an open place brand process and an identity-image match pay off? Cities, 80, 22-28.
- Braun, E., Eshuis, J. & Klijn, E.H. (2014). The effectiveness of place brand communication. Cities, 41, 64-70.
- Eshuis, J., Klijn, E.H., & Braun, E. (2014). Place marketing and citizen participation: branding as strategy to address the emotional dimension of policy making? International Review of Administrative Sciences, 80(1), 151-171.
- Eshuis, J., Braun, E., & Klijn E.H. (2013). Place Marketing as Governance Strategy: An Assessment of Obstacles in Place Marketing and Their Effects on Attracting Target Groups. Public Administration Review, 73 (3), 507-516.
- Eshuis J. & Klijn E.H. (2012). Branding in Governance and Public Management. Routledge Critical studies in public management, 8. London: Routledge.
- Eshuis, J., Braun, E., Klijn E.H., & Zenker, S. (2018). The differential effect of various stakeholder groups in place marketing. Environment and Planning C: Politics and Space, 36 (5), 916-936.
- Karens, R., Eshuis, J., Klijn E.H., & Voets J. (2016). The Impact of Public Branding: An Experimental Study on the Effects of Branding Policy on Citizen Trust. Public Administration Review, 76 (3), 486-494.
- Klijn, E.H., Eshuis, J., & Braun, E. (2012). The influence of stakeholder involvement on the effectiveness of place branding. Public Management Review, 14 (4), 499-519.
- Ripoll González, L., & Gale, F. (2020). Place Branding as Participatory Governance? An Interdisciplinary Case Study of Tasmania, Australia. SAGE Open. https://doi.org/10.1177/2158244020923368
- Ripoll González, L., & Gale, F. (2022).Theorizing ‘Value’ in Sustainable Urban Branding Strategies in Staci M. Zavattaro (Ed.), Public Branding and Marketing: A Global Viewpoint, Springer International.
- Ripoll González, L., & Gale, F. (2022). Sustainable City Branding Narratives: A Critical Appraisal of Processes and Outcomes, Journal of Place Management and Development (forthcoming).
- Ripoll Gonzalez, L., & Gale, F. (2020). Combining participatory action research with sociological intervention to investigate participatory place branding. Qualitative Market Research: an International Journal , 23(1), 199-216.
- Ripoll Gonzalez, L., & Lester, L. (2018). ‘All for One, One for All’: communicative processes of cocreation of place brands through inclusive and horizontal stakeholder collaborative networks, Communication & Society, 31(4), 59-78.
- Stevens,V,. Klijn, E.H., Warsen, R. (2021). Branding as public governance strategy: a q methodological analysis of how companies react to place branding strategies. Public Administration Review https://doi.org/10.1111/puar.13263 OPEN ACCESS